Okay moms, how many of you out there can’t help but wonder what in the world is in your baby wipes? You’re not alone! With that question on the brain started my research, as I often do. As those of you who follow my blog, I have recently discovered an amazing site that allows us, the often clueless consumer, to do a quick, comprehensive, and responsible information that has been scientifically proven. Read the article Stop the Ignorance: breakdown your everyday products and find out the truth! article and never wonder what you’re
After plugging Pampers Natural Clean Wipes into GoodGuides search engine I was shocked to find out that there are so many unsavory things associated with the seemingly innocuous product made for a baby!
Naturally, no pun intended, I went on to research the Do It Yourself baby wipe methods moms are using out there. I found a ton of information about all sorts of baby wipes and with this wide of a variety of baby wipe recipes out there!
However, most of these homemade baby wipe recipes had too many ingredients for my liking. For me, I need just a few things to make me a happy camper:
- I need it to work
- I need it to be safe for the intended purpose
- I need great ingredients that are natural and preferably organic
- I need as few ingredients as possible to make it a breeze to make (you’ll be making this VERY often because I’m sure you’ll love it!)
Bossy Bean Baby Wipe DIY Formula
With the above said, I came up with my own, simple and healthy recipe. I have been using this recipe during our diaper changes for a month and feel that it’s safe to go ahead and let you know my thoughts. And my thoughts are as follows:
- This stuff is fantastic at getting the muss off of my Beans bottom, no matter how much of a mess it is.
- Her skin has never broken out into a diaper rash.
- Her skin is soft, nourished,a and moisturized with no irritations.
- It’s easy on the wallet.
DIY Directions – Bossy Bean Wipes
What you’ll need:
- Squirt bottle or spray bottle (if using plastic, BPA free is preferable)
- A roll of untreated paper towels (I use Seventh Generation)
- A knife (for cutting the paper towel rolls in half)
- Castile soap
- Organic olive oil
- Organic lavender oil (optional)
- 8 oz of distilled, purified, or filtered water
- 3 T spoons of organic olive oil (moisturizer)
- 2 T spoons of castile soap (cleanser; I use Dr. Bronners castile soap – Baby mild formula)
- 5 drops of organic lavender oil (fragrance – optional)
Steps of preparation:
- Cut the paper towel roll into two with a knife. A serrated knife, like one you’d use for bread, I found works best.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a squirt bottle, shake well before each use.
- Oh, you wanted more steps? No, no… you’re all done!
For Your Consideration
- All of the recipes I had found on the web suggest placing the paper towels into an old wipe bin or something comparable but I found that they either dry out or start to grow mold by the end of the roll. This is unacceptable. Instead, I use two sheets of paper towel for #1 and about three to 4 sheets for the more messy jobs. I then use the squirt bottle to moisten the paper towel on top allowing it soak through to the bottom ones. This also creates a gradually drier wipe as you use them helping your babies bottom to dry faster.
- This recipe will last for about two to 3 days depending on your baby’s routine. Me n Bean go through about 10 dirty diapers per day and the liquid mix lasts about 2-3 days.
- Shake the bottle well before each use.
- Feel free to adjust the amounts of ingredients. I found this works best for me and Bean.
- This baby wipe recipe is simple and therefore easy to build upon.
Remember, you don’t have to be sold by the media. Not everything needs to come from a baby manufacturer. There are a ton of ways to make your own fantastic product all the while giving you the peace of mind knowing exactly what you’re using on your precious baby bums.
Together, they explore the topics of gentle parenting, healthy eating, grateful thinking, yoga bending, nifty hacking, green living, soul searching, and mindfulness practicing.
She has lived many lives. She has seen great beauty and utter darkness. It makes her whole. She is strong and with your presence, support, and love right here, right now ever stronger!!!
Read more about her by visiting the Meet the Bee page or email her right now!
We hope you enjoy the adventures of Chewy & Bossy!