It’s part of our schedule… wake up, change, feed, play, feed, play, change. You moms out there are probably familiar with this routine. And everyday our bedtime routine is full of relaxation, pampering, and cuddles.
I don’t generally follow books for schedules whether it’s for feedings, naps, or bedtime. I follow my babies cues. When you leave yourself to rely on human interaction between you and your little one it brings you closer together. It helps you bond. And, it allows you to be a better mother as you’re forced to differentiate between different cries and coos.
Bean is just about 4 months. She typically gets drowsy and ready for the days wind down around 6 pm. Sometimes a bit later and other times even sooner than that. I don’t tend to argue with her as I had been advised by some. I am, by no means, saying that someone elses parenting style is better or worse than mine. Just that ours works for us. So no disrespect intended to the parents who have a planned out schedule. There is no right or wrong answer here.
Whether I see that sleepy slant in her eyes or not, by 5:30 pm we are in bedtime mode. And this is what it breaks down to:
- Shut the curtains and turn off all but one dim light in the room.
- Turn on our favorite Pandora station for some soothing sounds to help us sink into relaxation.
- Take a warm bath. This too, isn’t followed by the suggested daily washing. But that’s another blog.
- Have a 20 minute relaxing massage with homemade oils infused with lavender for optimal soothing state of mind.
- Feed while reading a book and scratching behind her ear (she loves it, such a mamas girl).
And there you have it. By the time we get to the end of the list she is passed out until her next feeding.
Photo credit: arminh
Together, they explore the topics of gentle parenting, healthy eating, grateful thinking, yoga bending, nifty hacking, green living, soul searching, and mindfulness practicing.
She has lived many lives. She has seen great beauty and utter darkness. It makes her whole. She is strong and with your presence, support, and love right here, right now ever stronger!!!
Read more about her by visiting the Meet the Bee page or email her right now!
We hope you enjoy the adventures of Chewy & Bossy!